Exporting and importing the workspace configuration
You can export a workspace configuration to a JSON file, and import configuration from a workspace configuration JSON file.
For example, you might want to preserve a version of the workspace configuration before you test other changes. You can then use the exported file to restore the original configuration.
Or you might want to use a script to make changes to an exported configuration file. You can then import the updated file to update the workspace configuration.
A workspace JSON configuration file includes the following information:
- Assigned table modes
- Assigned column generators
- Subsetting configuration
- Post-job script configuration
To export the workspace configuration, either:
- If the workspace to export is currently selected, then in the top toolbar, click the export workspace icon ().
- On the Workspaces view, click the actions menu for the workspace, then select Export.
Workspace options column and dropdown list
When you export a child workspace, the exported workspace does not retain any of the inheritance information. The exported information is the same for all exported workspaces.
To import a workspace configuration file:
- 1.Select the import option. Either:
- If the workspace to import the configuration to is currently selected, then in the top toolbar, click the import workspace icon ().
- On the Workspaces view, click the actions menu for the workspace, then select Import.
- 2.On the Import Workspace dialog, to select the file to import, click Browse.
- 3.After you select the file, click Import.
When you import a workspace configuration into a child workspace, Tonic only updates the configuration that can be overridden. If a configuration must be inherited from the parent workspace, then it is not affected by the imported configuration. For more information, see About workspace inheritance.