Managing your Tonic account
From the User Settings view, you can manage settings for your individual Tonic account.
To display the User Settings view:
- 1.Click your user image at the top right.
- 2.In the menu, click User Settings.
The User Settings view includes options to:
You can select an image to associate with your account. The image is displayed next to your name and email address throughout Tonic.
If your instance uses Google or Azure single sign-on (SSO) to manage Tonic users, then by default your Tonic image is the image from the SSO.
Otherwise, the default image displays your initials.
To change your user image, click Upload, then select the image file.
Commenting on columns requires a Professional or Enterprise license.
Tonic allows users to provide comments on columns. You can do this from Privacy Hub and Database View.
From the Comment Notification Settings section of User Settings, you can configure when to receive email notifications for comments.
The available options are:
- I am an owner, editor, auditor, or am being replied to This is the default option. You receive email notifications when comments are made on columns in a workspace that you are an owner, editor, or auditor for. You also receive an email notification when someone replies to a comment that you made.
- I am @ mentioned You only receive an email notification if someone specifically mentions you in a comment.
- Never You never receive email notifications for column comments.
Before you can use the Tonic API, you must create an API token. From the User API Tokens section of the User Settings view, you can create and revoke API tokens.
To create an API token:
- 1.Click Create Token.
- 2.On the Create New Token dialog, enter a name for the new token.
- 3.Click Confirm. The token is added to the list.
To revoke a token, click the Revoke link for the token.
If your Tonic account is not managed using SSO, then from User Settings, you can change your Tonic password.
If your Tonic instance uses SSO to manage users, then your user credentials are managed in the SSO system. You cannot change your user password in Tonic.
Under Password Change, to change your Tonic password:
- 1.In the Old Password field, type your current Tonic password.
- 2.In the New Password field, type your new Tonic password.
- 3.In the Repeat New Password field, type your new Tonic password again.
- 4.Click Confirm.
From User Settings, you can delete your Tonic account. If your instance uses SSO to manage users, then deleting your account only affects your access to Tonic.
You cannot delete your Tonic account if you are the owner of a workspace for which other users are granted access. Before you can delete your Tonic account, you must either:
To delete your Tonic account, click Delete Account.
When you delete your account, you are logged out of Tonic.