Transferring ownership of a workspace
Every workspace has a single owner. When you create a workspace, you automatically become the owner of that workspace.
You can transfer ownership of a workspace that you own to a different user. When you transfer ownership, you can choose a new role for yourself for the workspace. For example, you can transfer ownership to a different user, but grant yourself Editor access.
The transfer ownership option requires at least a Professional license.
Admin users can transfer ownership of any workspace.
Transferring ownership does not affect the existing non-owner access of other users.
To transfer workspace ownership:
- 1.To transfer ownership of a single workspace, from the workspace actions menu, select Transfer Ownership.
- 2.To transfer ownership of multiple workspaces:
- 1.Check the checkbox for each workspace to grant access to.
- 2.From the Actions menu, select Transfer Ownership.
- 3.On the transfer ownership panel, from the User dropdown list, select the new workspace owner.
- 4.To grant yourself non-owner access after you transfer the ownership:
- 1.Toggle Receive access to workspace to the on position.
- 2.From the role dropdown list, select the role to assign to yourself. For details about the available roles and their privileges, see Assigning workspace roles to other users.
- 5.Click Transfer Ownership.