Managing Tonic users
Required license: Professional or Enterprise
Required global permission: Manage access to Tonic and to any workspace
The Access Management tab on Tonic Settings view includes a list of the current Tonic users.
From the list, you can remove Tonic users. If you do not use SSO to manage users, then you can also reset passwords for Tonic users.
You do not use the Users list to manage user permissions.
To display the Users list:
- 1.In the Tonic heading, click Tonic Settings.
- 2.On Tonic Settings view, click Access Management.
- 3.On the Access Management tab, click Users.
Users list on the Access Management tab of Tonic Settings
For each user, the list includes the following information:
- Email address
- When the user was most recently active in Tonic
To use a column to sort the list, click the column heading. To reverse the sort order, click the column heading again.
You can remove a Tonic user from the Users list. When you remove a user, you must select a new owner for that user's workspaces.
To remove a Tonic user:
- 1.In the Users list, click the actions menu, then click Remove User.
- 2.If the user is the owner of any workspaces, then the Transfer Workspace Ownership panel displays. Select a user to be the new owner of the removed user's workspaces, then click Next.
- 3.On the Remove User From Tonic panel, click Transfer & Remove.
Note that when you remove a user, it does not remove the user from the value of the
TONIC_ADMINISTRATORSenvironment variable. You must update the environment variable manually. If a user or group is later added that has an email address or group name that is in the environment variable value, that user or group is granted the built-in Admin (Environment) permission set.
Required global permission: Reset Tonic user passwords
From the Users list, if your instance does not use SSO to manage users, you can reset a user's password. You would most likely do this in response to a request from a user who forgot their password.
The reset password option sends an email to the user to allow them to set up a new password.
To reset a password, in the Users list, click the actions menu for the user, then click Reset Password.