Configuring a workspace
For a workspace in Djinn, you configure the source data connection configuration and testing in the same way as for a traditional Tonic workspace.
A Djinn workspace does not have a destination configuration.
The workspace configuration includes the workspace name, workspace tags, and the source data connection or uploaded CSV files.
To display the Edit Workspace view, either:
- One the workspace management view:
- In the workspace navigation bar, click Settings.
- From the workspace actions menu, select Settings.
- From the Workspaces page, click the actions menu for the workspace, then select Settings.
- On the Models page:
- If your workspace does not have any source data configured, click Configure Source Data.
- 1.In the Workspace Name field, type the name of the workspace.
- 2.In the Workspace Description field, type a longer description of the workspace.
- 3.In the Tags field, enter a comma-separated list of tags to assign to the workspace. For more information about tags and how to use them, see Workspace tags in the Tonic documentation.
To connect to an existing database:
- 1.Under Connection Type, click the type of database to use for the workspace. Djinn currently supports the following database types:
- Google BigQuery
- SQL Server
- 2.Under Source Server, configure the connection to the database. For more details, see the data connector information in the Tonic documentation.
Instead of connecting to a database, you can upload one or more CSV files that contain the data that you want to use.
Each file that you upload becomes a table in your source data. You can then issue model queries against the data.
To indicate to use CSV files to provide the source data, for Connection Type, under Upload your own data, click CSV.
Under Add dataset files, to add files to the list, either:
- Click Select files to upload, then select the files.
- Drag and drop the files from your machine.
You cannot upload a file with the same name as an existing file in the list. To replace the data in an existing file, you must delete the file and then upload the updated file.
To configure the options for a file:
- 1.If the file includes a heading row, then toggle Treat first row as column header to the on position.
- 2.In the Column Delimiter field, provide the character that is used as delimiter. The default is a comma.
- 3.In the Escape Character field, provide the character that is used to escape characters. The default is a backslash (
- 4.In the Quote Character field, provide the character that is used to quote text. The default is the double quote.
- 5.In the NULL Character field, provide the text used to indicate a null value. The default is
- 6.To display a preview of the data in the file, click Expand.
To remove a file, click Remove.
To save the changes to the workspace configuration, click Save Workspace.